On Tuesday 26th September, H.S.H Prince Albert of Monaco welcomed cyclists after the epic 1,100km “London to Monaco” bike ride, which raised money and awareness for MOKEs charity partner, Blue Marine Foundation. The charity is dedicated to creating marine reserves, restoring vital habitats and establishing models of sustainable fishing. Its mission is to see 30 per cent of the world’s ocean under effective protection by 2030 and the other 70 per cent responsibly managed.
Blue Marine Electric MOKE
At the Blue Marine inaugural auction last year, the original Blue Marine Electric MOKE was bought by Peter Lürssen for £250,000 and immediately gifted to The Prince. After a champagne arrival, there was a celebrated handover of the bespoke Blue Marine Electric MOKE to The Prince. The ocean-inspired Blue Marine Electric MOKE was exclusively custom-designed by Steve Edge.
Following the success of the limited edition design, Blue Marine, Steve Edge and MOKE International have teamed up again to create the special ‘Blue Marine 30 x 30 MOKE’ in support of Blue Marine’s mission to protect 30 per cent of the world’s ocean by 2030.
A donation of £10,000 will be made to Blue Marine from the sale of each car.
The latest edition – limited to only 30 cars – was exclusively available to guests at this year’s Blue Marine Yacht Club Monaco event, as a pre-launch sale, before launching to the public in 2024.
Image credit: Michael Alesi / Palais Princier
Prince Albert II hosted an exclusive event onboard the Lürssen superyacht, Phoenix ², where attendees had the chance to donate to support Blue Marine’s global portfolio of projects, bid on an array of unique auction items, become a long standing BMYC member and have the first opportunity to purchase one of only 30 electric, limited edition Blue Marine 30 x 30 MOKEs.
“MOKE is proud to have Blue Marine Foundation as its dedicated charity partner. These Electric MOKEs are at home when next to crystal clear waters and golden beaches. We’re delighted to be doing what we can to protect them and keep the ocean clean.”
Robin Kennedy, Chief Commercial Officer at MOKE